Water

Water is a funny thing,

It's never what it seems.

Only now does the prospect of lying,
appeal to me.
I could get away with it, you know. I could throw myself into water.

Water is gentle when it is not the ocean, I've heard that before.
You can drink it.

Yours however, is a violent drink.
I still wonder, if this is what you chose
A hurricane overdose?

In the ice cubs, and resting on my tongue.
It melts from my lids too.

For you, it seems a choice; go or stay.
As if it's easy, or simple to say.

Look up at me then, and my lava eyes,
At the water that clouds my brain,
With dew.

Stand up for yourself then,
Present me with the choice you've made.

I'm lost.

"I hope you forgive, that I die today."

But how can I forgive you?


[14]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The walls are thin in DRA

Scream of consciousness

SINE QUA NON