Nervous Shakes

Come along
Nervous Shakes

Of the solitary week,
Always rich in lack of sleep.

I am restless several nights, you know,
With Nervous Shakes.

Count the animals, count the time,
Again, repeat, at least try.

I know. But I can't.
My sober sheep don't keep sleep. They provoke.

Here come again,
My Nervous Shakes.

So I picture myself a romantic,
Elsewhere and never alone
Imagine myself an impressive,
Outstanding in poise and prose.

I guess our hands are touching,
And I cup your red face, that I'm squashing
With feeling. My feelings.

I guess those are different 
Nervous Shakes.

Gradual but sure, they separate.
And leave me only nervous.

With a flicker of your hand,
Strutting yourself, a peacock,
"I like the way you stand,
It's confident."

The blood flutter keeps me nervous, keeps me there.
But my sheep drown in their ecstasy,
At last.

One day I'll know
Worth beyond that of teen years,
That your compliments shouldn't keep me afloat,
Music to my ears.

For now I bid
Farewell my sheep,
You're fading away like lost time,

Reposed, I see the day appear
From behind my blinds.


[13-14]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The walls are thin in DRA

Scream of consciousness

SINE QUA NON