An absurd fit


Torchlight my burrowed brain,

Wrap your film around my feelings.

Wreck me from inside with pain stoppers 

To punch-plug the bleeding.


I recumb,


Sandpaper eyes and body of uranium;

I taste like salt, like iron, like metal,

Call me a cauterised corpse, a burnt petal.

Still, you don't run.


How come?


They'd think us a carnage, you know, a bloodbath

If they heard it,

The way we dissect our bruises uncensored,

Our thoughts decomposed, an absurd fit.


Glued gum,


You the apprehensive and the taut,

Me the sensitive and the numb.

I guess I love you, call me stupid, call me otherworldly, 


Call me dumb.


I'll tiptoe the perimeters of your space always, I'll call,

No matter if you need it,

Shut the doors, build a wall.

Give me love and I'll water it, absorb it, upkeep it.


Love me, and I'll breathe it.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freedom Will Come

At late it settles in

Uncomfortable